Heavenly Hydrangeas

HYDRANGEAS
are so pretty no matter what color they are!
They look dreamy in your garden as
big, bushy dollops
of color.
Whether it's white, pink, fuchsia, lavender,
purple,
periwinkle or blue
these beauties can steal the show.

There are so many ways
hydrangeas can be appreciated.
Take a look and see the many shades of color
and ways to arrange with themThe white ones
are so sweet and pure
and perfect for
WEDDINGS

So are the
delicate PINK ones




The vibrant pink ones make great garden eye candy!

Just a stem or two can do the trick
Luscious fuchsia blooms are so eye catching
Variegated
colors are twice as nice!

WOW!! Here's some abundant bushes
You've gotta love this Cape Cod Style...
with weathered cedar shingles,
a white picket fence and of course...
...hydrangeasEven some are the fence!
They make great kissing balls because of their fullness
and dry perfectly for everlasting beauty
The small plant can be enjoyed indoors
before planting out in the garden

Just a few stems in a great vase

can be delightful around your home
Brides love them in their bouquets



or as centerpieces at their receptions



and even on their cakes!



They even make pretty favors alongside place cards
You know
there aren't many posts that go by without..............
a CUPCAKE in it !!!
Yes, I even found a hydrangea cupcake :)

Doesn't all this talk about hydrangeas make you want to
run out to your garden right now and pick a bouquet???


IMAGES FROM:
SUCH PRETTY THINGS, MICHAEL OPPENHEIM, IT'S ME BLOG, MARTHA STEWART, MISS FANCY PANTS, MAYA LEE, TUMBLR, BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS, KRISTIN VINING PHOTOGRAPHY, MARTHA ANDREWS PHOTOGRAPHY, DAVID MURRAY WEDDINGS, ORCHARD COVE PHOTOGRAPHY, MICHAEL PARTENIO, TIFFANY FOSNIGHT AND ERICA MANCINI, D JONES PHOTOGRAPHY, VITA RANUNKLER BLOG, GARDEN ADVENTURES NIXA, STELLA ALESI PHOTOGRAPHY, FUTURE DOMESTIC GODESS BLOG, KAREN WISE, PROJECT WEDDING, SUCH PRETTY THINGS, BOSTON.COM, NEW ENGLAND LIFE.COM, ELSEA CHELSEA, WEDDING CAKES PICTURES BLOGSPOT, FONDARIFFIC, KAT KING GARDENS EVERYWHERE BLOGSPOT, STEPHANIE KLEIN, HOVE DAILY PHOTO, DONALD HERSHBERGER, PENELOPE DULLAGHAN, PLUMSTONE, A DOZEN EGGS, LITTLE SPUNKY MONKEY BLOGSPOT, ETSY: GO FIGURETTE, COTE DE TEXAS BLOGSPOT, SOUTHERN ACCENTS,DRESS DESIGN DECOR, STYLE ME PRETTY, J. CREW

Comments

Wow how beautiful, hydrangeas are my favourite flowers. We have blue and pink/purple ones in our garden here in Ireland, my gran had wonderful ones in her garden when she was alive :) Thanks for sharing, love them :)

All things nice...
Donna Reyne' said…
What a gorgeous collection you have gathered here!
I love hydrangeas too! My favorites are shades of blue or white but they are all lovely!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Donna
This reminds me of the huge hydrangea we had when we lived next door to you. Tim used to put lime on it to get it to change color. I just saw a wedding photo with bridesmaids holding hydrangea bouquets. Love them!!! Beautiful pictures.
Good Morning Gail....!

What a FABULOUS selection of pics of my absolute FAVOURITE flower....!!

THANK YOU for making me smile....!!

As always, your Aussie mate,
Tamarah :o)
It's me said…
Wowwwww.............i love your hydrangeas post.....great !!!!..........and o that cupcakes !!!!! happy new week darling....love Ria.....
Anonymous said…
Gail, I love hydrangeas. I have blue, pink and purple! That house at the cape is in Chatham and it's gorgeous... I've driven by it in person, it's a sight to behold! xo
chateaudelille said…
I love hydrangeas too, I just wish I could grow them. So instead I'll have to make do with my lovely artificial ones. I also just realized that your spotty side borders is so similar to the fabric I want to cover my study chairs in. So cute, I can't wait! Fiona
gosh what a great post about a most gorgeous flower! I have a raspberry one that is just starting this year...so beautiful. Thank you for the post...very delightful.
Burlap Luxe said…
Hi Gail,
Your so right it is "Heavenly"
This is a beautiful post!
Gail I think I say that to ofetn to you, but what else can I say to all your beauty over here :)
See you soon
xx
Dore
Hola Gail, I have loved your beautiful blog, so inspiring!!!! I saw one of my hyndrangeas picture in this beautiful bunch of them, but don´t worry about not making a link to my site, I understand you may have forgotten... with all those beauties mine looks so poor....
Greetings from Chile,
maria cecilia
BonjourRomance said…
Bonjour Gail!

Hydrangeas are on of my favorties, heavenly is right! Love the photo of the lady in white on the chaise...aahhh! I wouldn't mind one of those cupcakes either, it may be too pretty to eat!

Hope you are having a good week with your family dear friend!

A BIG hug from your googley-eyed friend...
Mimi
Maison Beldecor said…
Hi Gail,
ohhhh, what a great post... I LOVE Hydrangeas! On our journey through New England I saw so much of them and I don't expected this huge range... it was great. The hydrangea cupcakes are so pretty, ohh I like to have some of them, but only to look at, they are too pretty to eat!!!
bloomy greatings
Bine
Mary Smith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patina said…
I have hydrangea envy! Wonderful pictures!
I planted three hydrangea bushes last year and three this year. I can't wait till they get big enough to actually have enough for a bouquet.